quarta-feira, janeiro 30, 2019

The scream, part 2




- Do you remember where did you find it? - Asked Guerrero, after a few hours.

Jack looked at him, visible disturb.

- I don't recall, I really don't. Somewhere on the street. I wish I knew where... - Answered Jack.

- Well, the first thing to do is to follow your own steps on the other night. Are you prepared? - Asked Guerrero.

- ... I must not drink... I don't know if I can do it...

- Relax, you are with me. I know about the promise you've made to Keith, your neighbor. Anyway, I'm not welcome in some bars in this town. On the other hand, that is great, because I should save money to pay my debt of the transportation to this country. Like you, I had a second chance. 

- Alright, let us do it, then. - Said Jack, after thinking a while.

Later, after job was done, Guerrero said to Jack sneak out of Keith's house, once he was sleeping there again. Jack said Keith he need somethings from his house, that it was really necessary to him to go there. Keith agreed. Jack came back with some clothes and sleeping pills, hided on his pocket. Without Keith notice, after offer him a glass of water, Jack put two pills on it. As Keith said he was going to sleep, Jack only had to wait five minutes. After that, Keith was already snoring. Jack finally sneak out, going the bus stop, as he had agreed where to meet Guerrero.

- You know, it is not good to a man like me, a fugitive, to go out on the streets at night. - Said Guerrero, when Jack arrived.

- But the night is the only time when all the fugitives can be at peace. - Answered Jack 

- Is that what you think? Oh, you don't know nothing about real life, real problems.

- Do we go or what? This subject is letting me disturbed. 

- Ok, let us go.

They took the bus to downtown, where Jack's last memory was, or one of the last ones. They didn't enter. They looked at the entrance, staring at the door. Both had motives to enter and to not to. They consciously controlled themselves and went down the street. While doing that, they passed a few alleys. When they were close to an abandoned warehouse Jack talked.

- Wait, I remember this place. I remember...

Sem comentários: