quarta-feira, janeiro 30, 2019

The scream, part 6




Jack had to stay in the hospital for weeks, months, even. He talked to the police and explain what he had seen, what he had dreamt. The police followed his clues, but they found nothing. Thinking Jack was confused because of the trauma he had suffered, they let him be for three months. Until a day, while he was doing physiotherapy, the police decided, without new clues, to interview Jack again.
-       Hey! – Said Jack when he saw the two cops.
-       Hi! How are you doing? – Asked one of the cops.
-       Better. I’m learning to walk with a prosthesis. So, do you have some news from me? – Asked Jack, with hope.
-       Not really. We were confident you could help us, now that you seem better.
-       When will I be better? To be true, never. What I saw… It’s confusing, the dream is mix up with the reality.
-       Don’t you want to rest a bit, to talk to us?
-       Yeah, sure.
Jack sited on a chair wheel and turn around to face the cops.
-       By the way, I’m Gerardo. He is Joseph.
-       Jack. But you already know that.
-       Jack. What can you tells us? It is probable that you have a new perspective from the night of the crime. Probably you remember things you didn’t remember before. – Asked Gerardo.
-       Let me see… - Said Jack. – I was in a storage. I know that. I remember… It was a lot of could, what is natural in December.
-       How did you get there? How did they convinced you to go there? – Asked Joseph.
-       I went to a bar. I saw Keith and Guerrero there. I was drunk and they offered me a ride. They also offered me a beer, which was already open, in the car. When I realized they weren’t going to take me home, I loosed my strength and to sleep.
-       Ok… Where were you going? – Asked Gerardo.
-       Well, we passed the port. I remember that. I can’t remember more than that.
-       How were they? Until now we didn’t find a clue of who they were.
-       Guerrero is a latin man. Short, brunette, middle Indian. You know, dark eyes…
-       And Keith?
-       Tall, very tall. Very white with dark hair. Big blue eyes. I don’t know what they did for work. But I remember thinking Keith looked like a rich guy and Guerrero as his employee.
-       Why do you say that? – Asked Joseph. – Because of your dream?
-       No. The clothes, the way they move, they talk… That, you know?
-       Alright, that’s all for now. We will let you rest. – said Gerardo.
-       Ok. Will you notice me about news? – Asked Jack.
-       Of course. If we found something new, we will inform you.
-       Thanks, bye.
-       Bye. – Said Joseph and Gerardo at the same time.
After letting the building, Joseph turned to Gerardo and said.
-       Do you remember of that body found in the river two months ago? What if it is Guerrero?
-       I don’t know, but I’m pretty sure it is him. It makes sense. He was latin too. And it makes sense: he helps Keith, at first; he regrets and helps Jack to escape; Keith kills him am dismember his body. The cuts were made in the same way, according to the doctors.
-       How do you know that?
-       Courtesy of the doctors. When the body, or the parts of the body went to the morgue, the doctor in charge photographed the wounds and shared with his colleges, which had treat Jack, and they found a match. They simple didn’t know how he was and what had to do with the case…

Sem comentários: